Friday, November 13, 2009

Quilting by machine question. Opinions on Fabumotion w/stitch regulator? Is it worth it? No $ for longarm!!?

No space or $ for a longarm or the space for EZ quilter. I want to step up my machine quilting abilities..but it's hard to do without some gadgetry. I have a Viking Freesia (love it) and want to start doing something a bit fancier in my quilting. Saw this Fabumotion w/stitch regulator at a show..but the back of the "test drive" quilt looked bad to me..not good proof of the value in this gadget. So asking for guidance by other quilters or those who have tried this thing. Dealers NOT welcome to answer, please!

Quilting by machine question. Opinions on Fabumotion w/stitch regulator? Is it worth it? No $ for longarm!!?
I have an SE and have played with the Fabumotion. I have been using a Teflon sheet attached to the quilting bed of my machine for a couple of years now and have been contemplating the Fabric mover. It does take some practice to get the hang of it, but I've seen some impressive stuff from people who hadn't spent too much time with it. I think a lot depends on how good you are with freemotion stitching to start with. If you are a good stippler, etc with your Freesia, then this wouldn't be a giant leap for you. The large work area and even stitching are what keep drawing me back to continue to look at it.


No comments:

Post a Comment