Friday, November 13, 2009

Help with weeds!?

I have a garden in my front yard with roses, tulips, freesia, lilac, and two types of succulents (not sure what they are). It is a very full garden and looks great but I have these annoying vine type weeds that grow all over everything. It goes like crazy, wraps around my roses, takes over. I am constantly pulling them up and can never get them all - then in 2 days they are all back!





Is there some type of weed killer I can get that will get the vine thing but not hurt my plants? Any other ideas as to how I can get rid of these stinkin vines?





I would prefer to use something organic, if at all possible. Thanks!

Help with weeds!?
I would guess that they are Dollar Weed. Not seeing them I can not tell.


The best way to get rid if them is take a good hunk of them them to a major local landscape nursery. Locals are more aware of the native common weeds. Do not even bother with Home Depot. Ask them for a chemical OR method that will get rid of them.


Take photos of the surrounding plants and the flower bed. Weeds are flowers we do not want. They require certain conditions to live. Your photo will show him what you are doing to provide the plants a happy home. And he can help you provide the ones you want with a happier home.





If your name is Verna I am really sorry for giving you those plants please forgive me! 8)

larry

No comments:

Post a Comment