Friday, November 13, 2009

Help with weeds!?

I have a garden in my front yard with roses, tulips, freesia, lilac, and two types of succulents (not sure what they are). It is a very full garden and looks great but I have these annoying vine type weeds that grow all over everything. It goes like crazy, wraps around my roses, takes over. I am constantly pulling them up and can never get them all - then in 2 days they are all back!





Is there some type of weed killer I can get that will get the vine thing but not hurt my plants? Any other ideas as to how I can get rid of these stinkin vines?





I would prefer to use something organic, if at all possible. Thanks!

Help with weeds!?
I can not provide you with an organic solution but I can tell you how to control the vines.


The most effective herbicide is Round up. The problem is you have to be very careful not to get any on your plants. A little on the stem is not such a big deal but be careful.


There are other herbicides that you can use that are selective herbicides, which means they only control certain vegetation.


They require a little reading of labels and are generally not as effective.


I would hand pull the best I could to create a buffer around the plant and spray in between with Round up.





Good Luck

imax theater

No comments:

Post a Comment